Digital black, 230 V is a completely customisable touchscreen which has an extremely user-friendly interface with clear symbols. The screen is automatically activated when your hand comes near, so you can switch or dim your lights, set moods, set ventilation modes, adjust blinds and sun blinds to the desired position, in one operation. In short, all possible types of controls are available in your Niko Home Control system. Do you have a Niko Home Control thermostat (550-13050)? Then you can easily set the temperature with the Digital black. With the Niko Home app not only can you choose which controls are displayed or where they are displayed on the screen, but also the way you navigate through your control screens. You can download this app for free in the respective app store for your mobile device.
The screen can be easily mounted in any standard flush-mounting box and is powered on 230 Vac. This 230 Vac variant is equipped with a switching contact 10 A (resistive), meaning that it can replace a conventional single-pole switch. In combination with the wireless smart hub for Niko Home Control (552-00001) and additional connected control points from the Niko Home Control range for traditional wiring, you can easily add additional automation to your traditional installation.
A complete Digital black, 230 V consists of the following parts:
- The Digital black, 230 V can be used to control actions and routines programmed in your Niko Home Control installation on both bus wiring or traditional wiring systems.
- The Digital black can visualise up to 12 controls.
- The Digital black is equipped with a switching contact 10 A (resistive), meaning that it can easily replace a conventional single-pole switch. You need an L and N wire available in the wall mounting box to make this Digital black 230 V working. See the Installing the Digital black, 230 V page for more details.
- The switching contact has the same functionality as a connected single switch in a Niko Home Control installation with a wireless smart hub (552-00001).
The Digital black 230 V supports different controls depending on the mode in which it is used. See the Using the Digital black, 230 V page for more information about the two modes.
|Standalone use||Connected use (connected to your Niko Home Control installation)|
With the Niko home app you can do the following:
- You can select, edit and re-order controls
- You can visualise up to 12 controls.
- You can change the visualisation of the controls. Currently, 2 views are supported:
- Carousel view
- Grid view
- The Digital black, 230 V cannot be used as a Niko Home Control thermostat. You need to install a Digital black 24 V to activate thermostat function in your Niko Home Control installation with a connected controller.
- The Digital black, 230 V needs an L and N wire in the wall mounting to make it work. In case of renovation, check your cabling first. See the Installing the Digital black, 230 V page.
|Power supply||230 Vac ± 10%, 50 Hz|
|Maximum power consumption||5.5 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||1 W|
|Max. inrush current||100 A|
Max. load low voltage halogen lamps with electromagnetic transformer (inductive loads, cosφ=0.6)
Max. load 230 V incandescent lamps and 230 V halogen lamps (resistive loads, cosφ=1)
Max. load LED lamps and compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) with build-in electronic driver/ballast
Max. load fluorescent tube/lamps, low voltage halogen lamps and (LED) lamps with external electronic driver/ballast/transformer
|Mounting method||Wall flush-mounting, screw or claw|
|Mounting height||110 - 160 cm|
|Ambient temperature||0 – 40 °C|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) (mechanism)||75 x 70 x 31.5 mm|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) (screen)||83 x 83 x 11.5 mm|
|Screen resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Proximity sensor||0 - 30 cm|
|Modification of settings||Niko Home Control programming software|
|Configuration||Niko Home app|
|Communication||Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz bgn (HT20)|
|System compatibility||Niko Home Control II|
|Maximum frequency power||15.19 dBm|
|Maximum number of Digital blacks per installation||20|
|Wire capacity||1 x 2.5 mm2 or 2 x 1.5 mm2|