The mini detector detects movement and changes in light intensity. Using this information, Niko Home Control functions can
be activated or deactivated. The product is suitable for ceiling mounting in suspended ceilings, both indoors and outdoors.
2 Spring clips
4 Cord end terminals
The mini detector detects movement by using Passive Infrared Technology (PIR).
Whenever the detector detects movement the start behaviour of a programmed action will be carried out. If no movement is
detected after a set time (e.g. once everyone has left the room) then the programmed stop behaviour will be activated. The
start and stop behaviour for the actions is programmed using the Niko Home Control programming software.
The mini detector is also equipped with a photo cell measuring incoming light intensity. When programming you decide
whether only to take incoming light or movement into consideration or both of these aspects. This means you can choose to
start an action every time movement is detected or only during the day or in the evening. Alternatively you can choose only to
take incoming light intensity into consideration and not movement.
A few optional applications:
- as a presence detector (automatically on/off with mini detector): the mini detector switches the lights on automatically, depending on the chosen lux value and/or whether it detects movement.
- as an absence detector (manually on with push button /automatically off with mini detector): The light is switched on with a push button and the mini detector switches the lights off when no more movement is detected over a set period.
- as a light sensor (automatically on/off with mini detector): the mini detector automatically switches the lights on once the light in the room goes below a set lux value and switches them off again on reaching the set value.
More information about these and other programming can be found at www.niko.eu, under the "Help and Advice" tab,
under "System Manuals"
programming remains intact even after a disruption to the current and the detector will continue to work properly.
The recommended mounting height is 2 to 3 m. When installed at a height of 3 m, the mini detector has a detection range of
9.5 m diameter (when the sensitivity to movement is set to “high”).
The mini detector has a detection angle of 360°. The detection angle can be reduced to 180° by using the shields supplied
(in white or black). The shields may be rotated 360° around the lens and can be cut down to size.
The mini detector is designed for flush-mounting in suspended ceilings.
Follow the steps below to install the mini detector:
- Make an opening with a diameter of 3 cm in the ceiling.
- Connect the mini detector to the two-wire bus cable using a standard connector (not included). To do this, use the two wires that emerge from the top of the detector. These are 50 cm long, have a diameter of 0.5 mm² and the ends are fitted with end terminals with a diameter of 1 mm and a length of 8.8 mm.
- Bend the spring clamps upwards and insert the mini detector carefully into the opening in the ceiling. The spring clips make it easy to fix the device.
Do not install the mini detector in the vicinity of heat sources, air currents from ventilation systems or moving
objects. These may set off the mini detector.
You can determine and modify the settings of the mini detector in the Niko Home Control programming software. The following three settings can be modified:
- the light level
- the sensitivity to movement (“low”, “medium low”, “medium high”, “high”)
- the switch-off delay.
- the operating mode (presence or absence detector)
- operating mode of the light sensor (dark and light or dark only)
In the software you can determine which action should be carried out upon reaching a particular light intensity and/or with movement.
Once in operation, the user can adjust the settings of the mini detector in the programming software.
Once you have installed the mini detector in the ceiling and followed the steps "Project", "Creation" and "Fill Cabinet" in the
programming software, you end up in the step “Addressing”. Here you will be prompted to address all inputs one by one.
As soon as you start the addressing, the green light on the mini detector will start to flash. The mini detector will only pass on
an address when detecting a significant difference in light intensity. This kind of difference in light intensity is made by shining
a torch onto the mini detector (when there is little light in the area) or by covering it (when there is lots of light in the area). As
soon as the address has been sent correctly, the green LED on the detector will start to shine continuously.
- Reference Code: 550-20220
- Dimensions: 13.3 x 36 mm (HxW) / 62.6 x 36 mm (HxW) (incl. invisible part)
- Working voltage: 26 Vdc (SELV, safety extra-low voltage)
- Consumption: 0.1 W / 5 mA (10 Niko Home Control points)
- Detection angle: 360°
- Detection range: circle, maximum 9.5 m at a height of 3 m (sensitivity set to “high”)
- Connection: cable 50 cm, 2 x 0.5 mm² (featuring cord end terminals of 8.8 mm long and a diameter of 1 mm)
- Mounting height: 2 – 3 m
- Drill diameter: 30 mm
- Light sensitivity: 2 – 25,000 lux
- Switch-off delay: 1 – 60 min
- Protection degree: IP65
- Ambient temperature: -10 °C – 50 °C
The mini detector can be used in ambient temperatures up to -20 °C on the condition that the sensitivity to movement is set to "low"
- CE marked