Placement (using the thermostat function)
The ideal mounting height is between 110 and 160 cm.
- Do not mount the Digital black, 24 V:
- in direct sunlight
- above lamps
- on an outside wall.
- within the immediate vicinity of a heat-generating source (heater, radiator, etc.) or electrical equipment that may radiate heat (TV, computer, etc.).
- behind a curtain.
- Do not allow air to circulate behind the thermostat. If necessary, close the holes in the flush-mounting box.
- Do not cover the display or integrate it flush inside the wall. Doing so blocks airflow through the Digital black and impacts the temperature measurement.
Switch off the mains.
- You can add multiple Digital blacks to the same power supply as long as the total consumption of all the Digital blacks (5.5 W per Digital black) does exceed the maximum power consumption of the power supply taking cable losses into account.
- A maximum of 10 Digital blacks per single power supply of 60 W (340-00050) is recommended.
- You can install a maximum of 20 Digital blacks in your Niko Home Control installation.
- Mount the Digital black, 24 V at 110 to 160 cm above floor level. When you use the Digital black, 24 V as a "central control screen" or a "zone thermostat" a mounting height of 150 - 160 cm above floor level is recommended.
- Screw mounting requires vertically aligned screws.
Wiring option 1: separate 24 Vdc cable
- Connect the Digital black, 24 V with a two-wire 24 Vdc power cable to a separate 24 Vdc power supply (340-00050 or 340-00051).
- Check the Wi-Fi network page to prepare the correct data wiring and home router connection.
Wiring option 2: separate wiring pair in your bus cable
- Do not connect the Digital black, 24 V directly to the Niko Home Control bus (B1, B2).
- Do not connect the Digital black, 24V directly to the "+" and "-" of the connected controller.
- Connect the Digital black, 24 V with another wire pair in the bus to a separate 24 Vdc power supply (340-00050 or 340-00051).
Cable type and section
The table below shows the recommended cable types, cable sections and the maximum wire length from power supply to the last connected Digital black.
Switch off the mains.
|Apply a stripping length of 8 - 10 mm.|
Note: If the Digital black does not click easily onto the mounting bracket, please try the following:
To avoid theft you can screw in a safety screw on the bottom of the display part. Use an Allen (hex) key of metric 2 mm. To avoid damage do not over tighten the safety screw.