You have to perform a factory reset on the Danfoss IconTM Zigbee® module in the following cases:
- You replaced a faulty wireless smart hub with a new one.
- You want to remove the Danfoss installation from your Niko Home Control Zigbee network.
- During the pairing process, the LED will flash red 5 times ( ), followed by a continuous green light ( ).
A factory reset of the Danfoss Icon Zigbee module does not have an impact on your Niko Home Control configuration. All your controls and devices are still present.
|Unplug the APP cable from the Danfoss Icon Zigbee module.|
|Push and hold the button on the module.|
|Plug the APP cable back in, while holding down the button.|
|When the LED is red, release the button.|
|When the LED is off, the factory reset is successfully completed.|
Replacing a faulty wireless smart hub
In case you replace a faulty wireless smart hub with a new one,
You have to:
- Perform a factory reset on the Danfoss Icon Zigbee module.
- Redo the complete onboarding process with the Niko Home app or the Niko Home Control programming software.
Extending or modifying the Danfoss Icon installation
- extend your installation with new thermostats
- modify the configuration
- already paired the Danfoss Icon Zigbee module,
than you have to perform a factory reset on the Danfoss Icon Zigbee module and redo the complete pairing and onboarding/addressing process in the Niko Home app or the Niko Home Control programming software.