Digital black is a completely customisable control screen for Niko Home Control with an extremely user-friendly interface featuring clear symbols. The screen is automatically activated when your hand comes near. That way, you can switch or dim your lights, set moods, set ventilation modes, adjust blinds and sun blinds to the desired position, in one operation. In short, all possible Niko Home Control control types are available.
As this Digital black 24V variant is equipped with a temperature sensor and algorithm, it can be programmed as a zone-thermostat when linked to a Niko Home Control heating or cooling module (550-00150) or switching module (550-00103 or 550-00106) programmed for electrical heating. When the Digital black is used as a thermostat, you define the set points and week programs in the Niko Home app.
A complete Digital black 24 V consists of the following parts:
- The Digital black 24 V can be used to control actions and routines programmed in your Niko Home Control installation on both bus wiring or traditional wiring systems.
- The Digital black can visualise up to 12 controls.
The Digital black 24 V supports the following controls:
- Blinds, shutters and stores
- Temperature visualisation for the Niko Home Control thermostat (550-13050) on bus wiring. The Digital black only shows the control and is not using its built-in sensor and algorithm part. To use Digital black as a zone thermostat see the Thermostat function page.
- Reynaers sliding window control (for Niko Home Control installation with connected controller)
- Velux window control (for Niko Home Control installation with connected controller)
With the Niko home app you can do the following:
- You can select, edit and re-order controls
- You can visualise up to 12 controls.
- You can change the visualisation of the controls. Currently, 2 views are supported:
- Carousel view
- Grid view
It is currently not possible yet to show the temperature interface for 3rd party heating systems (Generic heating API) on the Digital black 24 V. Niko works on a solution and will update this page as soon as it is available.
|Power supply||24 Vdc (SELV)|
|Maximum power consumption||5.5 W|
|Power consumption (standby)||1 W|
|Mounting method||Wall flush-mounting, screw or claw|
|Mounting height||110 - 160 cm|
|Ambient temperature||0 – 40 °C|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) (mechanism)||75 x 70 x 23.6 mm|
|Dimensions (HxWxD) (screen)||83 x 83 x 11.5 mm|
|Screen resolution||1024 x 768 pixels|
|Proximity sensor||0 - 30 cm|
|Modification of settings||Niko Home Control programming software|
|Configuration||Niko Home app|
|Communication||WiFi 2.4 GHz bgn (HT20)|
|System compatibility||Niko Home Control II|
|Maximum frequency power||15.19 dBm|
|Maximum number of Digital blacks per installation||20|
|Wire capacity||2 x 0.5 – 1 mm2|