What is the free start/stop action?
The advanced action Free start/stop is a no-guided action. If you did not find your exact action in the advanced action menu, you can choose to make your own.
A free start/stop action sets one or more players to a fixed, pre-configured state. At the push of a button, each player will do exactly as configured. By pushing the button again, the free start/stop action is deactivated and the players are set to a programmed deactivated state.
- You have created, for instance, the following players:
- a ventilator system
- a push button with LED
- a switched lighting circuit
- all output players you wish to use in this action.
Click here for an overview of the players you can use in this advanced action.
- You are in the Create overview window.
- In the right-hand button bar, click on the button Advanced action.
The Advanced action pane appears.
- Choose the room as follows:
- Choose Room from the drop-down list.
- Click on the room in the drawing area.
- Click on the arrow next to the category Free functions.
- Click on Free start/stop action.
- Give the action a name.
Set the behaviour as follows:
Behaviour What? How? A Choose the control(s) with which you want to start and stop the action.
Click on the plus signs of the players you want to include in the action.
B Choose the players you want to control with the control(s) from behaviour A.
1 Click on the plus signs of the players.
In this example we use a switched lamp and a ventilation system.
2 Under START you can define the behaviour a player must display when the action starts, or you can reuse a player.
In this example, we switch on the lamp and put the ventilation system in the highest position.
3 Under STOP you can define the stop behaviour of each player.
In this example, the lamp will be switched off immediately and the ventilation system will switch to medium speed after ten minutes.
- Under Parameters, set the following:
- the behaviour of the indication LED: the indication LED will be on when all players from behaviour B have reached the value of their start behaviour, or when the action has been activated
- have the action stop automatically after a specific time period (max. 23 hrs. 59 min. 59 sec.)
- restart the action automatically after a specific time period (max. 23 hrs. 59 min. 59 sec.)
At least one player is required for both behaviour A and behaviour B. If you do not add this player, the action symbol will show a warning. Underneath the behaviour the following message will be displayed: you have to add at least one player to complete the action.
See an example here. Turn on the sound to watch the video.