The rail coupler interconnects the power supply voltage and the bus of the rail below to the modules via the sliding contact.
Follow the steps below to install the rail coupler:
- Click the rail coupler at the far left onto the DIN rail.
- Connect all four connection terminals (+, –, B1, B2) to the corresponding connection terminals of the connected controller, the rail coupler or the power supply on the previous and next rails.
- Each module is fitted with a sliding contact. Slide the sliding contact to the right until it clicks into the next module. This will ensure that the bus and the power supply are connected.
- Bus cables can be used between terminals B1/B2 of any rail coupler and a control point.
- A rail coupler can be interconnected to another rail coupler located in a different electrical cabinet. The cable length between both rail couplers should not exceed 20 m. If the distance between the electrical cabinets exceeds 20 m, you must use a new power supply for the second cabinet.
A connected controller, power supply or a rail coupler must be used at the far left of every DIN rail.
- dimensions: DIN 2E
- sliding contact to connect the module to the following module on the DIN rail
- 2 x 4 screw terminals for 3 x 1.5 mm² or 2 x 2.5 mm² or 1 x 4 mm²
- CE marked
- ambient temperature: 0 - 45°C