With this external video unit for flush mounting, the resident can see and communicate with a visitor. If a door lock is coupled to the Niko Home Control installation, the resident can also allow the visitor to enter. At the same time, he can active one manual action linked to the bell of the incoming call. This external unit is available with one or two backlit touch buttons. There is always a suitable alternative for use in a variety of situations.
- an individual residence
- a residence with a private and a practice section
When the visitor calls by pressing one of the touch buttons, the HD camera and the full-duplex speech connection are activated. The visitor automatically hears the Niko on-hold music as confirmation of the call. The touch buttons are piezo buttons which are resistant to wear and vandalism. They respond even if the visitor is wearing gloves.
Via the connected controller the call is sent to the Niko Home Control touchscreen and possibly also to the smartphone or tablet with Android or iOS application. The last 20 calls are retained by the touchscreen so that you can see who was in the vicinity of your door. We recommend providing at least one touchscreen in each installation on top of the smartphones and/or tablets because a wired device is more reliable than a mobile one. The connected controller acts as an SIP server (telephone exchange). See Connected controller.
On the touchscreen, the resident can:
- see who is at the door (HD camera).
- accept or reject the call.
- communicate with the visitor. Thanks to the full duplex speech connection, speech is possible in two directions simultaneously and there are no interruptions in speech traffic. Interfering ambient noises are reduced to a minimum.
- allow the visitor to enter if a door lock is coupled to the Niko Home Control installation.
- adjust the speech volume of the visitor.
- adjust the volume of his own microphone (mute, unmute).
- see who was at the door, as the last 20 calls are retained.
- activate one manual Niko Home Control if this action is linked to a bell. For example, he can open the garage door or switch on the lighting on the driveway at the time of the incoming call.
- activate the call-and-come-in function which allows the lock on the door to be unlocked when the bell is rung. Customers or patients can therefore enter the waiting room at their doctor's surgery without anyone having to manually unlock the door. The touchscreen clearly shows when this function is active.
- view call history with snapshot (also possible in the Niko Home app).
- monitor what is happening at the door with the peek outside (with snapshot) function (also possible via the Niko Home app).
Connecting and mounting the external video unit
- Each external video unit can only be connected to one Niko Home Control installation.
- The resident must have a secured Wi-Fi network (if the Niko Home Control application is used).
- A maximum of three external video units may be connected per Niko Home Control installation.
- Connect a maximum of 10 Niko Home Control IP devices (touchscreen, smartphone, tablet) to the installation.
The nameplate must be installed to ensure good call quality.
- Flush mount the flush-mounting box for the external video unit in the outside wall.
- Draw a twisted pair cable (UTP, FTP or STP) to the flush-mounting box.
- Connect the wires from the cable to the plug-in terminals of the external video unit.
- Secure the cable in the cable binder to accommodate tension.
- Mount the external video unit onto the flush-mounting box using screws. Respect the bending radius of the twisted pair cable.
- Engrave the text chosen by the user on the rear of the nameplate in mirror writing (see diagram).
- Affix the nameplate with the double-sided adhesive tape provided.
- On the side of the electrical cabinet, attach an RJ45 connector to the cable according to the T568B standard. Connect the RJ45 connector to the output of the Power over Ethernet power supply. The PoE power supply acts as the power supply for the external video unit.
- Use a patch cable RJ45-RJ45 to connect the PoE power supply with the RJ45 port 1,2 or 3 of the connected controller (possibly with an extra switch).
To connect of the touchscreen, see Touchscreen.
Programming the external video unit
You programme the external video unit using an advanced action in the Niko Home Control programming software.
For each advanced action, you choose a touch button on the external video unit that you connect to a bell/door lock/action... In this action, you determine the ringtone for the on-hold music, the bell duration and the door lock. Finally, you can also choose to ignore a rejected call on all other, connected devices (app and touchscreens). For more information on these advanced actions, consult the Niko Home Control II software manual.
|The visitor does not hear the Niko on-hold music.||Bad contact at a connection terminal||Check the connections of the cables to the connection terminals|
Check whether the cables are connected correctly:
Both of the green LEDs on the PoE power supply ports must be illuminated.
|The resident receives no call signal from the external video unit on his touchscreen, smartphone or tablet. He only hears a short audio signal (+/- 1s) on the external video unit.||Poor or absent Wi-Fi network|
|Outdated operating system|
Make sure that one of the following operating systems is installed:
|The audio and video quality is inferior||A bad Wi-Fi network||Check whether the Wi-Fi signal is sufficiently powerful.|
|Bad contact at a connection terminal||Check the connections of the cables to the connection terminals.|
|You see no doors on the screen when there is an incoming call.||No door lock is connected to the advanced action.||Consult the Niko Home Control II software manual.|
|The resident receives no video or call signal.||The Niko Home Control application is completely shut down.||Open the Niko Home Control application. Let the Niko Home Control application run in the background at all times.|
|The resident sees the video signal but does not hear the call signal.||The mute function (mute, unmute) of the touchscreen, the smartphone or the tablet is activated.||Switch off this function of the device.|
External video unit
- power supply voltage: 48 Vdc ± 10%
- power consumption: 5 W
- ambient temperature: -30 - 60°C
- dimensions flush-mounting box: 239 x 89 x 47 mm (HxWxD)
- dimensions external unit: 256 x 110 mm (HxW)
- HD camera resolution: 720 horizontal TV lines
- camera angle: 130°
- light sensitivity: 1 lux
- mounting: flush-mounting
- protection degree: IP53
- CE marked
PoE power supply
- suitable for touchscreen (550-20102) and external video unit (550-22001 and 550-22002)
- type IEEE 802.3af
- input voltage: 96 - 264 Vac
- output voltage: 48 V
- output power: 15.4 W
- data in via RJ45 port
- data and power supply out via RJ45 port
- indication LEDs:
- LED 1 (ON): green if correct input voltage
- LED 2 (FAULT): red if error message
- LED 3 (CONNECT): green if correct detection and connection
- operating temperature: 0 – 40°C
- storage temperature -25 – 65 °C
- dimensions: 36 x 65 x 140 mm (H x W x D)
- CE marked