The digital potential-free sensor module allows you to connect up to three sensors to the Niko Home Control installation.
The sensors must be suitable for use in applications with a safety extra-low voltage (SELV). Examples are: twilight switches,
smoke detectors, motion detectors, door communication systems or door lock contacts, telephone interfaces, alarm
When a connected sensor is activated, the module sends the address to the controller, which then activates one or several
The contact can be temporarily closed manually by pressing the button to simulate a particular status. The real input will in
that case be deactivated for two minutes.
Follow the steps below to install the module:
- Ensure that the installation is disconnected from the mains.
- The distance between the sensors and the module should not exceed 50 m.
- A maximum of three sensors can be connected per module.
- Always use sensors that are suitable for applications with a safety extra-low voltage (SELV).
- If the sensor uses a SELV (24Vdc) power supply, then it is always suitable.
- If the sensor uses a 230 Vac power supply, then it must have a galvanically isolated output (SELV) or an intermediate relay must be used.
- Press the module onto the DIN rail until it clicks into place. Position the module preferably in the top row inside the electrical cabinet to keep the SELV cables separate from the 230V cables.
- Connect the sensors to one of the screw terminals 1-3 using the NO contact or the NPN transistor output.
- Connect the mass of the sensors to the common screw terminal COM.
- Connect the digital potential-free sensor module to the module before it. Slide the sliding contact of this module to the right until it clicks into the digital potential-free sensor module. This will ensure that the bus and the power supply voltage are connected.
When the module is functioning properly, the STATUS LED will light up in TEST mode only. If one or several errors occur, the
LED will blink to indicate the error code of the error with the highest priority. The table below provides an
overview of all error codes.
|STATUS LED||Blinks - One pulse per two seconds||Software error|
Incorrect software version*
*Download the latest software version
from the Niko website to upgrade the
- maximum distance between sensors and sensor module: 50 m
- 4 screw terminals for 3 x 1.5 mm² or 2 x 2.5 mm² or 1 x 4 mm²
- dimensions: DIN 2E
- sliding contact to connect the module to the following module on the DIN rail
- ambient temperature: 0 - 45°C
- CE marked