Software version and release date
Niko Home Control programming software version 2.0.7 for Mac OS (64 bit). This software is used for programming a new Niko Home Control II installation.
Release date: 20/02/2018
This upgrade is only provided as an automatic upgrade of the programming software at start-up and cannot be downloaded on the Niko website.
- A min. of 4 GB RAM is recommended
- Compatible with Mac OS 10.10 or a more recent version
- Minimum screen resolution: 1366 x 768. The programming software will give a warning message when it is opened on a lower resolution screen.
When to use
Niko strongly recommends upgrading all Niko Home Control II installations to this version to guarantee the correct functioning of the installation.
Compared to version 2.0.5:
- general bug fixes and stability improvements
- improved multiple select tool and filter
- correct rendering of international characters
- addition of translations, images and formatting the information fields for actions
- correct behaviour and memory status of dimmers
- correct behaviour of the access control selection on the touch screen profile
- correct selection of players and values in conditional actions
- improved rendering of live energy data
- clarification of too vague error messages
- corrections of data in the printed documents
How to install?
You're installing the software for the first time
Download the software from the Niko website.
Unzip the file NikoProgramInstallerMAC-v2.0.7.zip, you will receive 3 files:
- README.txt: this file contains the installation instructions
- The installation of the program will start as soon as you open this file (follow the steps on the screen)
- If your PC is connected to the internet, the software will suggest a download of a more recent version, if available. We recommend always using the latest version, since it will contain the latest functionality and bug fixes.
- This file is required for the activation of each third generation touchscreen (550-20102). You can recognise this touchscreen by the led in the right upper corner.
- Under no circumstances unzip this file!
- Copy the zip file to an empty FAT32 formatted USB stick.
- Plug the USB stick in the USB port at the bottom of the touchscreen and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Later upgrades will be installed automatically. An active internet connection is required.
You have installed a previous 2.x software
- Make sure your computer is connected to the internet.
- Open the installed programming software on your computer. The software indicates a new version is available. Confirm you want to upgrade.
- If the programming software indicates an upgrade is available for the connected controller, please perform this upgrade.
- (If you haven't received this notification, it means your computer hasn't connected to your connected controller yet. Close the software and connect your computer to your connected controller. Open the programming software again. You will now see the upgrade for the connected controller and you can perform it.)
- The software confirms your installation is up to date.
- If you have a touchscreen 550-20102, this touchscreen will also indicate that an upgrade is available. Follow the steps on the screen to download and install the upgrade. You only need an active internet connection (the upgrade no longer requires a USB-stick like with the first upgrade to Niko Home Control II).
Warnings and known issues
- Create a new programming file for every new installation. We do not recommend reusing a programming file which has previously been addressed and uploaded to another similar installation. This can result in a new installation that doesn't work.
- After each programming upload to the installation, you will need to log into the Niko Home Control app again.
- Log out of all mobile devices and touchscreens before changing your password on the registration website https://mynikohomecontrol.niko.eu.
- Activate both mobile data and Wi-Fi on your mobile iOS devices and ensure that your battery has enough power. This is to make sure you don't miss any calls from the external video unit. This problem could occur if the power save mode is activated.
- It can take up to 15 minutes before all touchscreens or mobile devices have reconnected with the installation after an upload, reboot of the installation or a power failure (even if the device gives another status). The correct functioning of these devices can only be guaranteed after the waiting time has elapsed.
- Uploading and upgrading can be done both with a wired and wireless connection between the pc and the installation. However, we strongly recommend using the wired connection as it is more stable and safer.
- Regularly save your work in progress to prevent data loss.
- It can take up to a minute in the addressing tab before an external video unit is detected.
- Lighting circuits used in actions which are controlled by a motion detector, may not be used in other actions. This can result in undesired behaviour.
- The behaviour of the feedback LED of the Niko Home Control push buttons is always predefined and cannot be freely programmed.
- The energy data history will be lost when replacing the controller or an energy module.
- This release does not support the Niko Home Control app for tablets.
- This software is used for programming a Niko Home Control II installation. The software is compatible with the connected controller and all products belonging to the Niko Home Control product range at the time of this release, unless otherwise stated.
- In order to program the connected controller with this software, it must be upgraded first. As soon as the computer is connected with a Niko Home Control installation, the programming software will prompt to upgrade the connected controller. Only upgrade Niko Home Control II installations. The conversion of existing Niko Home Control installations is final and is not supported by this release. The remaining Niko Home Control modules will only be upgraded after the programming has been completely finalised and uploaded to the installation.
- Niko Home Control installations which were programmed with Niko Home Control programming software version 1.x do not need to be adjusted or upgraded. The 1.x software and apps will continue to be supported and will remain available for the programming and maintenance of existing installations. The conversion of these installations is not yet supported but will be offered in a later release.
- Each installation must be registered on the Niko registration website https://mynikohomecontrol.niko.eu with the MAC address and the serial number of the connected controller. You will need the e-mail address and password used when registering to control the installation with mobile devices and to retrieve energy data on touchscreens. In addition, you will need an active internet connection for both applications.