What is Presence simulation?
With the routine Presence simulation you can give the impression to the outside that someone is present inside.
The routine takes into account the following elements:
- the value of a digital or analogue sensor (e.g. twilight switch)
- one to five parts of the day
- You have created the following controls and devices:
- a control (generic button or eco-display)
- all devices you wish to use in this routine
- (optional) a digital or analogue sensor
- You are in the Create overview window.
- In the right-hand button bar, click on the button Routine.
The Routine pane appears.
- Choose the room as follows:
- Choose Room from the drop-down list.
- Click on the room in the drawing area.
- Click on the arrow next to the category Leaving the house.
- Click on Presence simulation.
- Give the routine a name.
Set the behaviour as follows:
Behaviour What? How? A Choose the control(s) that will activate the routine.
Click on the plus signs of the control(s) you want to include in the routine.
B (optional) Choose a (light) sensor.
When the pre-set light level is reached the routine will start.
1 Click on the plus sign of the sensor.
Choose the devices for each part of the day:
- late evening
1 Click on the plus signs of the devices. You can select switched and dimmable devices.
2 Set the duration for each device:
- always on
The different durations are explained in the table below:
3 Set a fixed dimming value for the dimmed devices.
Use Multiselect to select various devices at the same time.
If you do not place any devices in a certain part of the day, nothing will happen during that part of the day.
Under Parameters, set the following:
- light level (only available if you have chosen an analogue light sensor or mini PIR under B)
- starting time of the respective part of the day (the part of the day ends when the next part of the day starts).
- 7. Click on the Close button to return to the Routine pane.
8. Click the Close button to return to the Create overview window.
Set the operating time to Press and hold to avoid activating the Presence simulation routine by mistake.
See an example here. Turn on the sound to watch the video.