Software version and release date
Niko Home Control programming software version 2.2.1 for Windows. This software is used for programming a new Niko Home Control II installation or for adapting an existing 2.x installation.
This upgrade is only provided as an automatic upgrade of the programming software at start-up and can also be downloaded from the Niko website.
- A minimum of 4 GB RAM is recommended
- Compatible with Windows 7 or a more recent version. We recommend installing all official Windows updates.
- Minimum screen resolution: 1366 x 768. The programming software will give a warning message when it is opened on a lower resolution screen.
When should you use it?
Niko strongly recommends upgrading all Niko Home Control II installations to this version to guarantee the correct functioning of the installation. An upgrade is specifically recommended if the installation requires one of the following features or bug fixes:
Compared to version 2.1.1:
- support for the HVAC interface
- new language: Danish
- landscape orientation for tablets
- possibility to print installation description
- copy and paste rooms into the programming software.
- new terms and conditions as part of GDPR
- access control adjustments in the context of camera and privacy legislation: adapted recording time (20 sec from ringing doorbell), no audio on the touchscreen before the call is accepted, video recordings are automatically deleted from the ring history after 30 days
- external video unit supports 720p
- iPhone: ring signal can be muted with the snooze button
- improved user experience for iPhone X
- iOS 8 and 9 are no longer supported
Compared to version 2.1.1:
- general bug fixes
- improved user experience
How do you install it?
If you are installing the software for the first time:
Download the software from the Niko website.
Unzip the file NikoProgramInstallerWIN-v2.2.1.zip, you will receive 4 files:
- README.txt: this file contains the installation instructions
- The installation of the programme will start as soon as you open this file (follow the steps on the screen)
- If your PC is connected to the internet, the software will suggest a download of a more recent version, if available. We recommend always using the latest version, since it will contain the latest functionalities and bug fixes.
- NikoTouch2OS-v188.8.131.52.7159.zip and NikoTouch3OS-v184.108.40.206.7159.zip:
- These files are required for the activation of each second generation (550-20101) or third generation (550-20102) touchscreen. You can recognize these touchscreens by the presence of a USB port at the bottom of the screen. Other touchscreens cannot be used in a Niko Home Control II installation.
- Do not unzip this file under any circumstances.
- Copy the zip file to an empty FAT32 formatted USB stick. Make sure to use the "safely remove hardware" option when removing the USB stick from a Windows PC.
- Plug the USB stick in the USB port at the bottom of the touchscreen and follow the instructions on the screen. The touchscreen will automatically recognize the correct zip file and start the upgrade.
- Later upgrades will be installed automatically. An active internet connection is required.
If you have installed a previous 2.x software:
- Make sure your computer has an active connection to the internet.
- Open the installed programming software on your computer. The software indicates that a new version is available. Confirm that you want to upgrade.
- If the programming software indicates an upgrade is available for the connected controller, please perform this upgrade.
- (If you haven't received this notification, it means your computer hasn't connected to your connected controller yet. Close the software and connect your computer to your connected controller. Open the programming software again. You will now see the upgrade for the connected controller and you can perform it).
- The software confirms your installation is up to date.
- If you have a touchscreen 550-20102, this touchscreen will also indicate that an upgrade is available. Follow the steps on the screen to download and install the upgrade. You only need an active internet connection (the upgrade no longer requires a USB-stick as with the first upgrade to Niko Home Control II). The touchscreen 550-20101 must be upgraded with the USB stick according to the procedure described above.
Warnings and known issues
- Create a new programming file for every new installation. We do not recommend reusing a programming file which has previously been addressed and uploaded to another similar installation. This can result in a new installation that does not work.
- After each programming upload to the installation, you must log in again into the Niko Home Control app.
- Log out of all mobile devices and touchscreens before changing your password on the registration website https://mynikohomecontrol.niko.eu.
- Activate both mobile data and Wi-Fi on your mobile iOS devices and ensure that your battery has enough power. This is to ensure that you do not miss any calls from the external video unit. This problem could occur if the power save mode is activated.
- It can take up to 15 minutes before all touchscreens or mobile devices have reconnected with the installation after an upload, reboot of the installation or a power failure (even if the device gives another status). The correct functioning of these devices can only be guaranteed after the waiting time has elapsed.
- Uploading and upgrading can be done both with a wired and wireless connection between the pc and the installation. However, we strongly recommend using the wired connection as it is more stable and safer.
- Back up your programming regularly to avoid losing data.
- It can take up to a minute in the address tab before an external video unit is detected.
- Lighting circuits used in actions which are controlled by a motion detector, may not be used in other actions. This can result in undesired behaviour.
- The behaviour of the feedback LED of the Niko Home Control push buttons is always predefined and cannot be freely programmed.
- The energy data history will be lost when replacing the controller or an energy module.
- Contact Niko customer services if you want to replace an HVAC interface in an existing installation.
- Remove all assigned Velux or Reynaers players from a module if you want to change their position. Then reassign them to their new position on the module.
- After (un)grouping audio speakers or implementing a speaker firmware update you will automatically log out out of the app.
- The diagnostics page does not show analog sensor data.
- The diagnostics page only shows the state of the first channel of a multi-channel module.
- This software is used for programming a Niko Home Control II installation. The software is compatible with the connected controller and all products belonging to the Niko Home Control product range at the time of this release, unless otherwise stated.
- In order to program the connected controller with this software, it must be upgraded first. As soon as the computer is connected with a Niko Home Control installation, the programming software will prompt to upgrade the connected controller. Only upgrade Niko Home Control II installations. The conversion of existing Niko Home Control installations is final and is not yet supported by this release. The remaining Niko Home Control modules will only be upgraded after the programming has been completely finalised and uploaded to the installation.
- Niko Home Control installations which were programmed with Niko Home Control programming software version 1.x do not need to be adjusted or upgraded. The 1.x software and apps will continue to be supported and will remain available for the programming and maintenance of existing installations. The conversion of these installations is not yet supported.
- Each installation must be registered on the Niko registration website https://mynikohomecontrol.niko.eu with the MAC address and the serial number of the connected controller. You will need the e-mail address and password used when registering to control the installation with mobile devices and to retrieve energy data on touchscreens. In addition, you will need an active internet connection for both applications.